This will probably be gutted as I replace it. For the moment, I need to test this system.
We’ve long appreciated our swamp cooler, which replaced a staggeringly large window mount that nearly kept the house cool when we returned to find the house nearly destroyed by tenants. It made the living room unusable, and we had the big one put in with a 3/4 HP motor.
Fast forward a few years, and it stopped working; it would only come on occasionally–which isn’t an option on a 100F day . . . but it had kept us cool through the middle of July, and even then, we only had to use the actual air conditioning a couple of hours in the evening (I would have expected late afternoon, but more around 5:30 or 6:00 at night).
So up I climbed and took off the housing. Then dismounted the motor. And then the real fun began . . .
We first assumed that the motor was seized–and since I wanted the extra power and air pushed, I ordered the full 1hp motor that my unit could handle.
[and a bunch more stuff I’ll fill in later]
The inner part of the bearing that froze up on the swamp cooler.